Australian Catholic University (CRICOS Reg: 00004G) is offering scholarships for International Students in a wide range of courses across all levels of study, from undergraduate degrees that allow you to choose your career path to postgraduate degrees that will take your career in new and unexpected directions.
There are two types of scholarships, The International Student Scholarship (ISS) for undergraduate and postgraduate applicants and Peter Faber Business School International Postgraduate Scholarships fully dedicated for postgraduate courses.
1. INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP (ISS)
The scholarship rewards students based on academic merit. For this reason, you must have achieved at least an average result of 80% to be considered. This average can only be calculated from study done in the past two years for undergraduate applicants, or four years for postgraduate applicants.
The ACU International Student Scholarship is awarded to up to 20 international students each year, and it covers 50% of the cost of a program at ACU.
1.1 How to be eligible?
To be eligible for the ISS you need to:
- not be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or New Zealand citizen
- hold an offer for a place in an undergraduate or postgraduate program at ACU
- enrol as a full-time student
- not have received another scholarship or award
- not be an ACU Study Abroad or Exchange student.
1.2 How to apply?
After completing your application form, you or your Education Expert must attach Evidence of academic merit, showing achievement of an average of at least 80% (GPA 5.8 on the ACU 7 point scale) across your most recent program of study, and academic records including original language documents, translations (where applicable) and official explanation of grading system.
1.3 What happens when the application has been submitted?
Applications will be selected by the ACU Selection Committee. If your application is successful, and you are awarded the scholarship, you will need to maintain satisfactory results throughout the course of your study, remain enrolled full-time and agree to be a student ambassador for ACU.
Note: The scholarship funds do not cover:
- visa application costs
- overseas Student Health Cover
- air fares
- text or reference books
- other costs the recipients incur by pursuing a course or travelling to/from Australia and the ACU campus.
“The ISS has definitely helped me a lot financially. I am away from my family and have to support my daily living cost by myself. The fact that there is generous support out there to reach my goals is very heart-warming.”Josephine Lumanau Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary) Indonesia
2. PETER FABER BUSINESS SCHOOL INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
The Peter Faber Business School International Postgraduate Scholarships reward commencing postgraduate international students who have demonstrated outstanding academic merit in prior studies.
The Peter Faber Business School offers the following scholarships annually:
- 5 x $3,000 for Master of Business Administration
- 5 x $3,000 for Master of Information Technology
- 5 x $3,000 for Master of Professional Accounting
Scholarship recipients will receive a AU$3,000 tuition-fee waiver for the first year of their course, provided they continue to successfully complete all their enrolled units.
2.1 How to be eligible
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- be a commencing international student
- be enrolled in one of the listed programs
- not be receiving any other form of financial assistance from ACU or the Australian Government
- hold a full or conditional offer by 1 June for Semester 2 (2019) or 24 December for Semester 1 (2020). Applications holding only a provisional offer will not be considered.
2.2 How to apply
No formal application is required. The University will assess your eligibility based on the information you provided with your Education Expert to study at ACU. Commencing postgraduate students who are successful scholarship recipients will be notified by ACU.
2.3 What happens when scholarship is granted?
There are two conditions you need to follow, they are: you must enrol in a minimum of three units in a semester to be considered a full-time student, and successfully complete all enrolled units in the first semester of study in order to be eligible for the second instalment payment for the second semester of study.
Note: The scholarship does not apply to higher degree research or honours programs, or undergraduate degrees, certificates or diplomas.
Make sure you get your application in and don’t miss out on this generous opportunity.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity. Scholarship applications open:
- 1 September and close 30 September for February intake.
- 1 April and close 30 April for July intake.
Note: This deadline applies to the international Student Scholarships NOT the Peter Faber Business Scholarships.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE ACU
Australian Catholic University is one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, with fantastic new facilities, award winning buildings and renowned academics. You will definitely love it!
For more information about The International Student Scholarship (ISS), and Peter Faber Business School International Postgraduate Scholarships in ACU, and start an application, you just have to register and choose an expert to guide you and resolve any concerns you might have, as well as advise you for free even in your visa process.
Leave A Comment